I just received a Liebster Award from Lindsay of Letters To Dutch, and it got me thinking: “Hey! I think I have done this before!”, so I scrolled back on my blog archives and I couldn’t find it. I logged in and checked, and blimey! I did receive Liebster Award before, and it was in September last year from Josie-Anne of Princess Yarn. Even, I had it for so long in the draft but never finished and posted it.
What a daft me.
I know the rule of Liebster Award is vary, based on who posted and when, but one thing that never has changed is to thank the person who nominated you, but I will start this by apologising to Princess Yarn. I would also thank both Josie-Anne and Lindsay for nominating me. As a crafter and a foodie myself, their blog has been a great source of inspiration, and jealousy (“when will I be as good as they are?” moment).
Now, answering the questions bit. There will be many of them 🙂
From Princess Yarn, I choose 5 out of 11 questions asked:
- What was your last travel?
To Indonesia, about three months ago to visit my family. We were celebrating Chinese New Year there, and a pleasant surprise — my sister got pregnant. It was a quick visit though, but was fun nonetheless.
- What is your favourite colour?
Any shades from red to pink. Unlike my female friends, I don’t really understand whether fuschia and maroon is under the purple or red category, or salmon is pink or orange. But as long as it is in that side of colour spectrum, I love it.
- What is the craft, technique that you never tried before and that you would like to learn?
Well… For knitting, that would be the Judy’s Magic Cast on for knitting socks from toe up. I have watched the youtube video so many times and still haven’t got my head around it. For cross stitch that would be french knot. Tried it so many times and still haven’t got it.
- What is your favourite season?
Autumn. Early autumn to be exact. Not too cold like winter days, but not too pollen-y, which means I could go out without having a hayfever allergic reaction. By the way, I haven’t had it this time of the year. Does it mean I am not going to have it at all? One could hope.
- What book (s) are you currently reading?
The Monogram Murders by Sophie Hannah. It said that it is Poirot, but it is not Agatha Christie’s.
I suppose it is some kind of Poirot’s fan-fiction, and being a Poirot’s fan myself, I couldn’t wait to finish this one.
From Letters to Dutch:
- Will you please describe your blog in a few sentences?
I’ve got other blogs that is older that this one. This particular blog is a showcase of what I like, do, or create in life — the best way to put it is that this is like a more elaborate instagram, where I can not only posting photos but also the story behind it, what I think about it, and at the same time connect with other bloggers… like this 🙂
- Why do you blog?
Originally, I blog because writing was the only thing that could keep me sane. I had problem in life and blogging saved my life. I didn’t want to sound too dramatic about it, as I liked writing anyway. But why do I blog this particular one? I think the answer is quite similar with the question number 1.
- What will your audience gain from reading your posts?
An idea, or probably even… a friend.
- Where do you see your blog 5 years from now?
More posts…? Hopefully the bored little piggy is not too bored anymore in 5 years from now. I always thought that it would be great though if one can monetise their blog. I mean it would be ideal for me, but of course.. one can only try 🙂
- What have you learned from your blogging experience?
Blocking your knitted piece is important.
- When you’re not blogging, what are you doing?
Knit, crochet, bake, cross stitch, cook, garden… and take photos so I could post it 😀
- Who is your greatest inspiration and why?
My dad. I don’t know really… he’s my dad and I think he is one of the wisest person in the whole world. Even wiser than Yoda and Gandalf combined.
- Will you please list 5 items on your Summer 2016 Bucket List?
I have to say I don’t have a summer bucket list. I have a lifetime bucket list but that’s definitely not for this summer. However… there is one thing that I would really want to happen this summer: me. lose. weight.
- If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
I could kill for a huge plate of Salmon Sashimi. I haven’t had that for ages.
- Of all the destinations you’ve traveled, which is your favorite and why?
Aberdeen. Not particularly about the place, but it was Valentine’s day 2012 and I was only one meter away from Noel Gallagher — my lifetime crush. So that made up for the horrible weather and all.
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
I am not an ice cream person, but there’s a really awesome gellato specialist in Karawaci, Indonesia. A home made ice cream by a man we call as Uncle Ice Cream. Yes, he is the Ice cream master. One of my favourite was either the parmesan cheese ice cream, or the earl grey one.
Right. The rules from Princess Yarn and Letters to Dutch, but basically they were:
- If you accept the award, thank the person who nominates you and link them on your post. They might want to hear from you too, if you have accepted the award 🙂
- And then you can answer the question that person asked you 🙂 That person might ask you to answer all, or as little as 5 — it depends really.
- Once you have finished answering, you nominate other bloggers too. I think there’s a minimum of 5, but you should be allowed to do more. The more the merrier, right?
- Now, you let these cool bloggers know that you have nominated them for the award, you might want to send them the link to your post to make it easier for them.
- Finally, you can give them questions of your own, preferably 11 questions.
And here’s my questions (I don’t think you need to answer all of them, you can pick 5 or more if you like 🙂
- Who is your favourite family member, and why do you pick this person?
- What is your favourite holiday, and why?
- What is the first book you can remember?
- If you’re about to die tomorrow, what would be your last meal?
- What is your favourite Disney’s villain?
- Is there any place in the world you would like to visit but you cannot?
- How many languages do you speak (language of love and sarcasm don’t count)? Do you want to learn more?
- What is your proudest moment?
- Is there one thing in the past you want to change or do differently?
- If you won a euromillion lottery (that’s a lot of money), what is the first thing you want to buy?
- What is your last achievement?
And, here are awesome bloggers that will receive the award from me:
- Bunny Totem Knits
- Yanti’s New Lives
- Laura’s Keeping Up With Laura
- Zara’s Firsty Meutia
- Piggie’s Place